Cub Scout Marbles
Belt Loop and Pin
Marbles Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Marbles belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of Ringer or another marble game to your leader or adult partner
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing skills to play the game of Ringer or another marble game.
- 3. Participate in a game of marbles.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Marbles belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a den, pack, or community marbles tournament
- 2. Explain to an adult what lagging is. Demonstrate how to do it.
- 3. Demonstrate the following shooting techniques: knuckling down, bowling, and lofting (also called plunking).
- 4. Explain the correct way of scoring for a game game. of marbles.
- 5. Play five complete matches of marbles using standard rules.
- 6. Start a collection of marbles and show it at a den or pack meeting.
- 7. Write a short report on the history of marbles and share it with your den or family.
- 8. Explain the rules about shooters.
- Earning the Cub Scout Marbles Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times