| Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award
The Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award may be earned by Tiger Cubs, Wolf and Bear Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts. Boys may earn the award in each of the program years as long as the requirements are completed each year. The first time the award is earned, the boy will receive the pocket flap award, which is to be worn on the right pocket flap of the uniform shirt. Each successive time the award is earned, a Wolf Track pin may be added to the flap. Leaders should encourage boys to build on skills and experiences from previous years when working on the award for a successive year.
National Summertime Award pins, if earned, are also pinned onto the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award patch.
Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award requirements
Wolf Cub Scouts
Bear Cub Scouts
- Earn the Outdoorsman (Webelos Handbook) and complete six of the outdoor activities listed below.
With your den, pack, or family:
- Participate in a nature hike in your local area. This can be on an organized, marked trail, or just a hike to observe nature in your area.
- Participate in an outdoor activity such as a picnic or park fun day.
- Explain the buddy system and tell what to do if lost. Explain the importance of cooperation.
- Attend a pack overnighter. Be responsible by being prepared for the event.
- Complete an outdoor service project in your community.
- Complete a nature/conservation project in your area. This project should involve improving, beautifying, or supporting natural habitats. Discuss how this project helped you to respect nature.
- Earn the Summertime Pack Award.
- Participate in a nature observation activity. Describe or illustrate and display your observations at a den or pack meeting.
- Participate in an outdoor aquatic activity. This can be an organized swim meet or just a den or pack swim.
- Participate in an outdoor campfire program. Perform in a skit, sing a song, or take part in a ceremony.
- Participate in an outdoor sporting event.
- Participate in an outdoor Scout's Own or other worship service.
- Explore a local city, county, state, or national park. Discuss with your den how a good citizen obeys the park rules.
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
Wolf Track pins
| Wolf Track
Given when the award
is earned 2 or more times,
pinned onto to the patch.
If a boy earns the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award multiple times, the second and subsequent awards are made by giving a Wolf Track pin which is pinned onto the patch.