| Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award
The Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award may be earned by Tiger Cubs, Wolf and Bear Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts. Boys may earn the award in each of the program years as long as the requirements are completed each year. The first time the award is earned, the boy will receive the pocket flap award, which is to be worn on the right pocket flap of the uniform shirt. Each successive time the award is earned, a Wolf Track pin may be added to the flap. Leaders should encourage boys to build on skills and experiences from previous years when working on the award for a successive year.
National Summertime Award pins, if earned, are also pinned onto the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award patch.
Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award requirements
- Complete one requirement in Achievement 5, "Let's Go Outdoors" (Tiger Cub Handbook) and complete three of the outdoor activities listed below.
- June 1st this changes to, "Complete the Backyard jungle adventure, and complete four of the outdoor activities listed below."
- Assemble the "Six Essentials for Going Outdoors" (Elective 23b) and discuss their purpose, and complete four of the outdoor activities listed below.
- June 1st this changes to, "Complete the Paws on the Path adventure, and complete five of the outdoor activities listed below."
- Earn the Cub Scout Leave No Trace Award (Bear Handbook, Elective 25h) and compete five of the outdoor activities listed below.
- June 1st this changes to, "Complete the Bear Necessities adventure, and complete six of the outdoor activities listed below."
- Earn the Outdoorsman (Webelos Handbook) and complete six of the outdoor activities listed below.
- June 1st this changes to, "Complete the Webelos Walkabout adventure, and complete seven of the outdoor activities listed below.
With your den, pack, or family:
- Participate in a nature hike in your local area. This can be on an organized, marked trail, or just a hike to observe nature in your area.
- Participate in an outdoor activity such as a picnic or fun day in a park.
- Explain the buddy system and tell what to do if lost. Explain the importance of cooperation.
- Attend a pack overnighter. Be responsible by being prepared for the event.
- Complete an outdoor service project in your community.
- Complete a nature/conservation project in your area. This project should involve improving, beautifying, or supporting natural habitats. Discuss how this project helped you to respect nature.
- Earn the Summertime Pack Award.
- June 1st this becomes "Participate in your pack's earning the Summertime Pack Award."
- Participate in a nature observation activity. Describe or illustrate and display your observations at a den or pack meeting.
- Participate in an outdoor aquatics activity. This can be an organized swim meet or just a den, pack, or family swim.
- Participate in an outdoor campfire program. Perform in a skit, sing a song, or take part in a ceremony.
- Participate in an outdoor sporting event.
- Participate in an outdoor Scout's Own or other worship service.
- Explore a local city, county, state, or national park. Discuss with your den how a good citizen obeys park rules.
- June 1st there is a new option, "Invent an outside game, and play it outside with friends for 30 minutes.
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
Wolf Track pins
| Wolf Track
Given when the award
is earned 2 or more times,
pinned onto to the patch.
If a boy earns the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award multiple times, the second and subsequent awards are made by giving a Wolf Track pin which is pinned onto the patch.
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Work on the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award as you work on Tiger:
- 5D. Go outside to make a leaf rubbing.
- 5G. Go See It! Take a hike with your den.
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Work on the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award as you work on your electives:
- 22. Picnic Fun: With your family or with your den, have a picnic--outdoors or indoors.
- 30. Plant a Seed: Plant a seed, pit, or green tops from something you have eaten.
- 35. Fun Outdoors: Play a game outdoors with your family or den.
- 37. Take a Bicycle Ride: Take a bicycle ride with your adult partner.
- 40. Fun in the Water: Together with an adult partner, go swimming or take part in an activity in water.
- 41. Transportation: Visit a train station, bus station, airport, or boat dock.
- 42. Fun at the Zoo: Visit a zoo...
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Bear Cub Scout
- Bear Electives
- Webelos Scout