Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award
|On 01 Jun 2015, new requirements went into effect. Dens, parents, and adult partners may use the old requirements, if work on the award had commenced before that time, until the end of 2015, at which point the new requirements must be used.|
and the companion National Summertime Award.
The Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award recognizes Scouts for
taking part in outdoor recreation and conservation projects.
Tiger Cubs, Wolf and Bear Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts have the opportunity to earn the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award. Boys may earn the award in each of the program years as long as the requirements are completed each year. The first time the award is earned, the boy will receive the pocket flap award, which is to be worn on the right pocket flap of the uniform shirt. Each successive year the award is earned, a wolf track pin may be added to the flap. Leaders should encourage boys to build on skills and experiences from previous years when working on the award for a successive year.
|— Robert Baden-Powell|
The Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award Pocket flap is worn on the right pocket flap of the Cub Scout or Webelos uniform shirt. Each successive time the award is earned, a wolf track pin may be added to the flap. In many cases, you can earn this award while doing other Scouting activities.
Packs who earn the National Summertime Pack Award can also present National Summertime Pack Award pins.
Wolf Track pins
If a boy earns the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award multiple times, the second and subsequent awards are made by giving a Wolf Track pin which is pinned onto the patch.
Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award requirements
With your den, pack, or family:
See the National Summertime Award for a list of great activity ideas.
- 3. Buddy System
- 5. Service Project in your community.
- 7. National Summertime Award.
- 8. Pack Meeting.
- 9. Cub Scout Swimming.
- 10. Scout Skits, Scout Songs, Flag Ceremony.
- 11. Cub Scout Sports.
- 12. Scout Sunday has many Scout's Own and worship resources.
- 5D. Go outside to make a leaf rubbing.
- 5G. Go See It! Take a hike with your den.
- 22. Picnic Fun: With your family or with your den, have a picnic--outdoors or indoors.
- 30. Plant a Seed: Plant a seed, pit, or green tops from something you have eaten.
- 35. Fun Outdoors: Play a game outdoors with your family or den.
- 37. Take a Bicycle Ride: Take a bicycle ride with your adult partner.
- 40. Fun in the Water: Together with an adult partner, go swimming or take part in an activity in water.
- 41. Transportation: Visit a train station, bus station, airport, or boat dock.
- 42. Fun at the Zoo: Visit a zoo...
- 1. Feats of Skill can be part of an outdoor activity
- 2. Outdoor Flag Ceremonies
- 7d. With an adult, pick up litter in your neighborhood. Wear gloves to protect your hands against germs and cuts from sharp objects.
- 8e. With an adult, help to plan, prepare, and cook an outdoor meal.
- 10c. Walk, go to a park or a wooded area, or visit a zoo.
- 18. Outdoor Adventure: Picnic, outing, treasure hunt, obstacle race, adventure trail, and pack events.
- 19. Fishing
- 20. Sports: tennis, badminton, skiing, ice skating, roller skating, track, standing long jump, flag football, soccer, baseball, softball, basketball.
- 23. Camping, day camp, resident camp, campfire, worship service outdoors.
- 5d. Visit a Zoo, Nature center, Aviary, Wildlife refuge, Game preserve
- 6g. Take part in a den or pack neighborhood clean-up project.
- 9e. Make some trail food for a hike.
- 9g. With an adult, cook something outdoors.
- 12. Family Outdoor Adventure: Leave No Trace Award, camping, hike, picnic, outdoor event.
- 14f. Ride a bike for 1 mile.
- 14g. Plan and take a family bike hike.
- 15'. Backyard golf, Badminton, Croquet, Sidewalk shuffleboard, Kickball, Softball, Tetherball, Horseshoes, Volleyball.
- 16'. Building Muscles: Can be done during Pack Olympics.
- 23'. Sports, Sports, Sports: Can be done during Pack Olympics.
- 15'. Water and Soil Conservation
- 18'. Backyard Gym
- 19'. Swimming
- 20'. Sports
- 25'. Let's Go Camping
- Leader Awards: Cub Scout Den Leader Award (Tiger/Wolf/Bear/Webelos), Scouter's Training Award (basically all adult leaders but Den Leaders), Scouter's Key (Cubmaster)
- Nameplates - Official BSA Name plates for your uniforms.