Cub Scout Physical Fitness
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements.
| This article is about the Physical Fitness Belt Loop and Pin for Cub Scouts.|
The Physical Fitness Award can be earned at all levels.
|The Cub Scout Physical Fitness Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Physical Fitness Pin is an option for the Webelos Athlete activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Physical Fitness belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Personal Fitness merit badge.|
| Physical Fitness|
Belt Loop and Pin
Physical Fitness Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Physical Fitness belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
- Earning the Physical Fitness Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout satisfies requirement 10 of the Athlete Activity Badge and is an option for requirement 3 of the Sportsman Activity Badge.
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Physical Fitness is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Belt Loop Requirements
1. Give a short report to your den or family on the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
3. Practice five physical fitness skills
- BSA: Proper way to do pull-ups - Lesson Videos: Pull-Ups
- Running - Lesson Videos: Running
- Cub Scout Softball
- Sports Pin Requirements
1. See the blank food pyramid in the Cub Scout Physical Fitness Worksheet.
- American Dietetic Association Eat Right - USDA Food Pyramid - MyPyramid.gov Food Pyramid - International Food Information Council Foundation
2. The Importance of Warm-up and Cool Down - Lesson Videos: Warm Up
3. See the Exercise Chart in the Cub Scout Physical Fitness Worksheet.
4. Explain the reason for warming up and cooling down before and after each exercise session.
8. See Cub Scout Swimming.
- 3a. could be met while completing Cub Scout Physical Fitness Pin requirement 1
- 8a. Food Pyramid could be met while completing Cub Scout Physical Fitness Pin requirement 1
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 18d. could be partially/met by/while completing Cub Scout Physical Fitness Pin requirement 7
- Elective 20a. could be met while completing Cub Scout Physical Fitness Pin requirement 9
- Achievement 16a. could be partially met by/while completing Cub Scout Physical Fitness Belt Loop/Pin requirement X...
- Bear Electives
- Elective 18. could be partially/met by/while completing Cub Scout Physical Fitness Belt Loop/Pin requirement X...
- Elective 19a., 19b., or 19e. could be met while completing Cub Scout Physical Fitness Pin requirement 8
- Elective 20f. could be met by earning the Cub Scout Physical Fitness Pin
- Athlete Activity Badge requirement 10. (earn the Cub Scout Physical Fitness Pin while a Webelos Scout)
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3 (partial). (earn the Cub Scout Physical Fitness Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Personal Development Awards Personal development-related awards
- Boy Scout merit badges:
- Venturing: Religious and Community Life Bronze Award - TRUST Award - Quest Award - Ranger Award electives: Physical Fitness - Backpacking
- Webelos activity badges: Citizen - Communicator - Family Member -Fitness - Scholar; Other resources: Flag Ceremonies
- Cub Scout belt loops & pins: Citizenship - Communicating - Heritages - Language and Culture - Physical Fitness
|Cub Scout Leader portal|
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- American Council on Exercise
- American Sport Education Program
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- Fitness for Kids
- Intr. Food Information Council Foundation
- National Athletic Trainer's Association
- National Youth Sports Safety Foundation
- USDA MyPyramid.gov For Kids
- Centers for Disease Control: Fit Family Fit Kids
- Institute for International Sport
- National Youth Sports Safety Foundation
- ExpertVillage Exercise Videos: