Cub Scout Roller Skating
12makoto (Talk | contribs)
(Added page for Cub Scouts Roller Skating belt loop and sports pin)
Next diff →
Revision as of 21:12, December 10, 2007
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or inline skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or inline skating.
- 3. Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- 2. Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- 3. Explain the proper clothing for roller or inline skating.
- 4. Spend at least 30 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- 5. Play a game of roller hockey,
- 6. Learn two new roller skating skills: Forward Scissors, Forward Stroking, Crossover, or Squat Skate.
- 7. Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
- 8. Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- 9. Demonstrate how to skate backwards. Skate backwards for five feet.
- 10. Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or inline skates.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Roller Skating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.