Cub Scout Roller Skating
| Roller Skating|
Belt Loop and Pin
Roller Skating Sports Belt Loop
|The Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Roller Skating belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Skating merit badge.|
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or inline skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or inline skating.
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or inline skating.
- Spend at least 30 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- Play a game of roller hockey.
- Learn two new roller skating skills Forward Scissors, Forward Stroking, Crossover, or Squat Skate.
- Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backwards. Skate backwards for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or inline skates.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Roller Skating is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)