Cub Scout Roller Skating
| Roller Skating|
Belt Loop and Pin
Roller Skating Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements
1. Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or inline skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or inline skating.
3. Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements
1. Participate in a pack or community skating event.
2. Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
3. Explain the proper clothing for roller or inline skating.
4. Spend at least 30 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
5. Play a game of roller hockey.
6. Learn two new roller skating skills Forward Scissors, Forward Stroking, Crossover, or Squat Skate.
7. Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
8. Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
9. Demonstrate how to skate backwards. Skate backwards for five feet.
10. Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or inline skates.
- Earning the Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program