Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Demonstrate to an adult the general rules for safe skateboarding by showing that you know how to wear the proper safety gear.
- Carefully demonstrate how to fall to help minimize injuries.
- Practice skateboarding for 30 minutes. This practice may be done in several periods.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Skateboarding belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Figure out your skateboard stance—whether you are regular or goofy footed.
- Demonstrate proper stance, feet positions, knee bending, pushing off, turning, and stopping on flat ground.
- Using pictures, explain to your den or family the difference between street, skate park, and vertical skateboarding.
- List five ways skateboarders should be considerate and respectful of other people and their property when they are skateboarding.
- View a skateboarding video.
- Attend a pro skateboarder demonstration.
- Show that you know how to lubricate the bearings and keep your skateboard clean.
- Apply grip tape to your skateboard.
- Skateboard at a skate park for 30 minutes.
- Demonstrate three of the following maneuvers: ollie, nollie, frontside, grab, kickturn, carving.
- Describe how to determine a safe area to skateboard.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.