Cub Scout Soccer
(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 22:42, February 28, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Soccer Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of soccer to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing soccer skills.
- 3. Participate in a soccer game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Soccer belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Participate in a pack, school, or community soccer tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate the skills of passing, collecting, shooting, heading, dribbling, and tackling.
- 3. Demonstrate skill in goal keeping.
- 4. Accurately lay out a soccer field for a game.
- 5. Demonstrate five types of fouls and explain why players should avoid them.
- 6. Demonstrate how to juggle the soccer ball and keep it from touching the ground for 30 seconds.
- 7. Play at least two games of Soccer Tennis.
- 8. Spend at least a total of six hours playing soccer. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- 9. Join a soccer team in your community or school.
- 10. Attend a high school, college, or professional soccer game.
- 11. Learn about a U.S. Olympic soccer team and report your information to your den.
- 12. Explain the history of soccer.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Soccer Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 4 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.