Cub Scout Soccer
Belt Loop and Pin
Soccer Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of soccer to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing soccer skills.
- Participate in a soccer game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Soccer belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack, school, or community soccer tournament.
- Demonstrate the skills of passing, collecting, shooting, heading, dribbling, and tackling.
- Demonstrate skill in goal keeping.
- Accurately lay out a soccer field for a game.
- Demonstrate five types of fouls and explain why players should avoid them.
- Demonstrate how to juggle the soccer ball and keep it from touching the ground for 30 seconds.
- Play at least two games of Soccer Tennis.
- Spend at least a total of six hours playing soccer. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Join a soccer team in your community or school.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional soccer game.
- Learn about a U.S. Olympic soccer team and report your information to your den.
- Explain the history of soccer.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Soccer is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Achievement 3G could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1 and Pin requirement 10
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Elective 35 could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 20k. and part of 20o. could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 15b. could be met while completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 23a. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1
- Achievement 23c. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3
- Achievement 23e. could be met by completing Pin requirement 10
- Bear Electives
- Elective 20f. could be met by earning the Soccer Pin
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 4 (earn the Soccer Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)