Cub Scout Softball Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Softball Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Softball is great for a Game Day at a park! ◄ Prev - Next ►
|| The Cub Scout Softball Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports introduction
Belt Loop and Pin
Softball Sports Belt Loop
Softball Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
Cub Scout Softball requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of softball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing softball skills.
- Participate in a softball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Softball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community softball tournament.
- Demonstrate skill in the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- Demonstrate correct pitching techniques and practice for three half-hour sessions.
- Demonstrate correct hitting techniques, including bunting. Practice for three half-hour sessions.
- Explain the rules of base running and demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- Learn and demonstrate base coaching signals.
- Learn about one defensive position (shortstop, catcher, etc.) and practice at that position for three half-hour sessions.
- Attend a high school, college, or community softball game.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports notes
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports Requirement resources
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Achievement 3G could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1 and Pin requirement 9
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Elective 35 could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Achievement 1a. could be met by completing Pin requirement 2
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 20l. and part of 20o. could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Bear Cub Scout
- Achievement 15b. could be met while completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 23a. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1
- Achievement 23c. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3
- Achievement 23e. could be met by completing Pin requirement 9
- Bear Electives
- Elective 20f. could be met by earning the Softball Pin
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 4 (earn the Softball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards