Cub Scout Tennis
Belt Loop and Pin
Tennis Sports Belt Loop
|The Cub Scout Tennis Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.|
The Cub Scout Tennis belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing tennis skills.
- Participate in a tennis game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Tennis belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community tennis tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed to play tennis (rackets, balls, shoes, clothing, and court).
- Practice for 30 minutes developing forehand techniques through forehand bump-ups with a bounce, partner bump-ups with a target, forehand alley rally, forehand alley rally over a "net," drop-hit forehand bumps, drop-hit catch in pairs, and toss-hit catch in pairs.
- Practice developing serving skills for 30 minutes.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score in tennis.
- Accurately draw, label, and explain a tennis court layout.
- Play five games of tennis using U.S. Tennis Association rules.
- Participate in a tennis skills development clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional tennis meet.
- Present to your den or family a report on the history of tennis.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Tennis is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- 23a. Doubles Tennis is a team sport option.
- 23b. Singles Tennis is an individual sport option.
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Tennis Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)