Cub Scout Tennis
Belt Loop and Pin
Tennis Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing tennis skills.
- 3. Participate in a tennis game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Tennis belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack or community tennis tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed to play tennis (rackets, balls, shoes, clothing, and court).
- 3. Practice for 30 minutes developing forehand techniques through forehand bump-ups with a bounce, partner bump-ups with a target, forehand alley rally, forehand alley rally over a "net," drop-hit forehand bumps, drop-hit catch in pairs, and toss-hit catch in pairs.
- 4. Practice developing serving skills for 30 minutes.
- 5. Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score in tennis.
- 6. Accurately draw, label, and explain a tennis court layout.
- 7. Play five games of tennis using U.S. Tennis Association rules.
- 8. Participate in a tennis skills development clinic.
- 9. Attend a high school, college, or professional tennis meet.
- 10. Present to your den or family a report on the history of tennis.
- Earning the Cub Scout Tennis Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times