Cub Scout Ultimate
Belt Loop and Pin
Ultimate Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of ultimate or disc golf to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing ultimate or disc golf skills.
- Participate in a game of ultimate or disc golf.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Ultimate belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community ultimate or disc golf tournament.
- Demonstrate effective pivoting while throwing. Use some of the following throwing styles: backhand pass, sidearm pass, and upside-down pass, and/or roller throw.
- Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques:one-handed, clapping, and sandwich.
- Spend a total of 90 minutes practicing skills of ultimate or disc golf. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Explain the flight dynamics of the flying disc. Draw a diagram if needed.
- Accurately lay out an ultimate playing field or diagram three typical disc golf holes.
- Play five games of ultimate or disc golf.
- Participate in an ultimate skills or disc golf skills development clinic.
- Explain the history of ultimate or disc golf and how it became a sport.
- Explain the differences between ultimate and golf discs.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Ultimate is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Earning the Cub Scout Ultimate Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Achievement 3G could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Elective 35 could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirements 1 or 7
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 20o. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirements 1 or 7
- Achievement 15b. could be met while completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirements 1 or 7
- Achievement 23a. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1
- Achievement 23c. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirements 1 or 7
- Bear Electives
- Elective 20f. could be met by earning the Ultimate Pin
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 4 (earn the Ultimate Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)