Cub Scout Ultimate
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of ultimate or disc golf to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing ultimate or disc golf skills.
- 3. Participate in a game of ultimate or disc golf.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Ultimate belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack or community ultimate or disc golf tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate effective pivoting while throwing. Use some of the following throwing styles: backhand pass, sidearm pass, and upside-down pass, and/or roller throw.
- 3. Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques:one-handed, clapping, and sandwich.
- 4. Spend a total of 90 minutes practicing skills of ultimate or disc golf. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- 5. Explain the flight dynamics of the flying disc. Draw a diagram if needed.
- 6. Accurately lay out an ultimate playing field or diagram three typical disc golf holes.
- 7. Play five games of ultimate or disc golf.
- 8. Participate in an ultimate skills or disc golf skilld development clinic.
- 9. Explain the history of ultimate or disc golf and how it became a sport.
- 10. Explain the differences between ultimate and golf discs.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Ultimate Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 4 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.