Belt Loop and Pin
Weather Academics Belt Loop
Weather Academics Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
|| The Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Scientist activity badge.
|| The Cub Scout Weather belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Weather merit badge.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports introduction
Cub Scout Weather requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Make a poster that shows and explains the water cycle.
- Set up a simple weather station to record rainfall, temperature, air pressure, or evaporation for one week.
- Watch the weather forecast on a local television station.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Weather belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Define the following terms: weather, humidity, precipitation, temperature, and wind.
- Explain how clouds are made. Describe the different kinds of clouds-stratus, cumulus, cumulonimbus, and cirrus-and what kind of weather can be associated with these cloud types.
- Describe the climate in your state. Compare its climate with that in another state.
- Describe a potentially dangerous weather condition in your community. Discuss safety precautions and procedures for dealing with this condition.
- Define what is meant by acid rain. Explain the greenhouse effect.
- Talk to a meteorologist about his or her job. Learn about careers in meteorology.
- Make a weather map of your state or country, using several weather symbols.
- Explain the differences between tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Make a simple weather vane. Make a list of other weather instruments and describe what they do.
- Explain how weather can affect agriculture and the growing of food.
- Make a report to your den or family on a book about weather.
- Explain how rainbows are formed and then draw and color a rainbow.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports notes
- Earning the Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 13 of the Webelos Scientist Activity Badge.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports Requirement resources
- Tiger Cub Scout
- 5F. Go outside and watch the weather.
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 12f. could be met while completing Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop requirement 1
- Bear Cub Scout
- Bear Electives
- Elective 2a, 2b, 2c, and 2d. could be used to meet Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop requirement 2
- Elective 2e. could be met while completing Cub Scout Weather Pin requirement 2
- Elective 2f. could be partially met while completing Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop requirement 3
- Webelos Scout
- Scientist Activity Badge requirement 13. (earn the Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)