Cub Scout Weather
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements.
|The Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Scientist activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Weather belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Weather merit badge.|
Belt Loop and Pin
Weather Academics Belt Loop
- Earning the Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 13 of the Webelos Scientist Activity Badge.
- Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
1. Water Cycle - Wikipedia: Water cycle
2. The Weather Log you need is included in the Cub Scout Weather Worksheet.
3. Encarta's Guide to Forecasting the Weather - Encarta: A Guide to Storms - AccuWeather - Weather radar
- Pin Requirements
1. The Weather.com Encyclopedia - Weather Wiz Kids
2. Cloud - Types of Clouds by Altitude - Weather Photos
3. State Climates
4. Weather Safety - Thunderstorm - Tornado - Tornado - Encarta: Hurricane - Wikipedia: Hurricane - Wikipedia: Blizzard - Blizzard - Wikipedia: Fog - Fog - Snow - Sleet - Ice storm
5. Acid Rain - Wikipedia: Acid rain - Greenhouse effect
6. NOAA In Your State - Weather Forecast Offices - National Weather Centers - Careers at NOAA - Weather Careers - Career Guide
7. The blank US map you need is in the Cub Scout Weather Workbook
- 5F. Go outside and watch the weather.
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 12f. could be met while completing Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop requirement 1
- Bear Cub Scout
- Bear Electives
- Elective 2a, 2b, 2c, and 2d. could be used to meet Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop requirement 2
- Elective 2e. could be met while completing Cub Scout Weather Pin requirement 2
- Elective 2f. could be partially met while completing Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop requirement 3
- Scientist Activity Badge requirement 13. (earn the Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
- Outdoor Skills Awards
- Science Awards
|Cub Scout Leader portal|
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- Make Your Own Weather Station
- How to make a Thermomether
- How To Make a Barometer
- American Meteorological Soc.
- Climatic Data Center
- Nat. Geographic Soc.
- Nat. Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin
- Career Guide
- Earth Watch Weather on Demand
- Lightning Protection Institute
- Satellite Meteorology for Grades 7-12
- The National Center for Atmospheric Research and the UCAR Office of Programs