Cub Scout Weather
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements.
|The Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Scientist activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Weather belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Weather merit badge.|
Belt Loop and Pin
Weather Academics Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Weather belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
- Earning the Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 13 of the Webelos Scientist Activity Badge.
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Weather is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
All. A Concise Study Guide for the Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop and Academic Pin — Jay R. Stockton (Senior Forecaster, National Weather Service)
- Belt Loop Requirements
- Pin Requirements
1. The Weather.com Encyclopedia - Weather Wiz Kids
2. Weather Photos
3. State Climates
4. Weather Safety - Thunderstorm - Tornado - Wikipedia: Hurricane - Wikipedia: Blizzard - Wikipedia: Fog - Snow - Ice storm
5. Wikipedia: Acid rain
6. NOAA In Your State - Weather Forecast Offices - National Weather Centers - Careers at NOAA - Weather Careers - Career Guide
7. The blank US map you need is in the Cub Scout Weather Workbook
- 5F. Go outside and watch the weather.
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 12f. could be met while completing Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop requirement 1
- Bear Cub Scout
- Bear Electives
- Elective 2a, 2b, 2c, and 2d. could be used to meet Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop requirement 2
- Elective 2e. could be met while completing Cub Scout Weather Pin requirement 2
- Elective 2f. could be partially met while completing Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop requirement 3
- Scientist Activity Badge requirement 13. (earn the Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
- Outdoor Skills Awards
- Boy Scout ranks: Tenderfoot - Second Class - First Class
- Boy Scout awards: Firem'n Chit - Totin' Chip - Paul Bunyan Woodsman
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Astronomy - Backpacking - Camping - Canoeing - Climbing - Cooking - Cycling - Fire Safety - Hiking - Orienteering - Pioneering - Rowing - Weather - Water Sports - Whitewater - Wilderness Survival
- Venturing: Outdoor Bronze Award; Ranger Award electives: Backpacking
- Webelos Activity Badges: Forester - Naturalist - Outdoorsman
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Astronomy - Map and Compass - Weather
- Science Awards
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Animal Science - Archaeology - Astronomy - Architecture - Chemistry - Composite Materials - Computers - Electricity - Electronics - Energy - Environmental Science - Geology - Nuclear Science - Radio - Space Exploration - Weather
- Webelos Activity Badge: Engineer - Geologist - Scientist
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Astronomy - Geography - Geology - Science - Weather
|Cub Scout Leader portal|
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- Make Your Own Weather Station
- How to make a Thermomether
- How To Make a Barometer
- American Meteorological Soc.
- Climatic Data Center
- Nat. Geographic Soc.
- Nat. Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin
- Career Guide
- Earth Watch Weather on Demand
- Lightning Protection Institute
- Satellite Meteorology for Grades 7-12
- The National Center for Atmospheric Research and the UCAR Office of Programs