Merit Badge Worksheets, and cross-references for related Merit Badges and Scout Awards.
This award is worn on the flap of the left pocket.
The Denali Award is the highest award in Varsity Scouting. Denali is the name American Indians gave Mount McKinley in central Alaska. The Denali Award is presented to Varsity Scouts team's youth members who complete additional requirements have already earned the Varsity Scout Letter.
Denali Award requirements
- Only Varsity Scouts are eligible to earn the Denali Award. Boy Scouts registered in a troop's Venture patrol may earn the Venture Patrol Letter but not the Denali Award.
- As of 2007, there is no knot badge for the Denali Award.
- Council or district representation at the Denali progress review (board of review) is no longer required.
Help with these requirements
Print, trim and fold scorecard for a youth team member to retain in his possession, and keep track of his award requirements and progress:
- Denali Award Scorecard (186K PDF) BSA 2001.
- Denali Award Scorecard (39K PDF) Modified, Team 336 Omaha, NE (Rev. 6/06).
- Varsity Scout Individual History Report (45K PDF) Keep track of Varsity Scout letter and Denali Award progress dates and events.
|Varsity Scout portal|
- Denali Award on the U.S. Scouting Service Project site.