(Difference between revisions)
m (Protected "Electronics" [edit=autoconfirmed:move=autoconfirmed])
Revision as of 00:11, March 3, 2008
|Electronics merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2004|
Merit badge requirements
- 1. Describe the safety precautions you must exercise when using, building, altering, or repairing electronic devices.
- 2. Do the following:
- a. Draw a simple schematic diagram. It must show resistors, capacitors, and transistors or integrated circuits, Use the correct symbols. Label all parts.
- b. Tell the purpose of each part.
- 3. Do the following:
- a. Show the right way to solder and desolder.
- b. Show how to avoid heat damage to electronic components.
- c. Tell about the function of a printed circuit board. Tell what precautions should be observed when soldering printed circuit boards.
- 4. Discuss each of the following with your merit badge counselor, and then choose ONE of the following and build a circuit to show the techniques used:
- a. Tell how you can use electronics for a control purpose, and then build a control device circuit.
- b. Tell about the basic principles of digital techniques, and then build a digital circuit. Show how to change three decimal numbers into binary numbers, and three binary numbers into decimal numbers.
- c. Tell about three audio applications of electronics, and then build an audio circuit.
- Show how to read the schematic diagram of the project you choose and, to the best of your ability, explain to your counselor how the circuit you built operates.
- 5. Do the following:
- a. Show how to solve a simple problem involving current, voltage, and resistance using Ohm's law.
- b. Tell about the need for and the use of test equipment in electronics. Name three types of test equipment. Tell how they operate.
- 6. Find out about three career opportunities in electronics that interest you. Discuss with and explain to your counselor what training and education are needed for each position.
Source: 2007 Boy Scout Requirements (33215)
When doing this merit badge read through the external links and other stuff. It will help you.