Do both of these:
- 1. Talk to an engineer, surveyor, or architect in your area about the different occupations in engineering. Create a list that tells what they do.
- 2. Draw a floor plan of your house. Include doors, windows, and stairways.
And do four of these:
- 3. Visit a construction job. Look at a set of plans used to build the facility or product. Tell your Webelos den leader about these. (Get permission before you visit.)
- 4. Visit a civil engineer or surveyor to learn how to measure the length of a property line. Explain how property lines are determined.
- 5. Tell about how electricity is generated and then gets to your home.
- 6. Construct a simple working electrical circuit using a flashlight battery, a switch, and a light.
- 7. Make drawings of three kinds of bridges and explain their differences. Construct a model bridge of your choice.
- 8. Make a simple crane using a block and tackle and explain how the block and tackle is used in everyday life.
- 9. Build a catapult and show how it works.
- 10. While you are a Webelos Scout, and if you have not earned it for another activity badge, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Mathematics.