and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
|The Webelos Engineer activity badge helps prepare Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Engineering merit badge(s).|
The Webelos Engineer Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
|Do both of these:
And do four of these:
| A FREE workbook for Engineer is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. Careers in Engineering - Discover Engineering - About.com Engineering Careers - Fields (Type) of Engineering - p. 213
2. Graph paper to draw your floor plan is in the Engineer Worksheet - How to draw a Scale Floor Plan - p. 214
3. Visit a construction job. Look at a set of plans - p. 215
- How to Read Blueprints (with symbols) - How to Read Blueprints One-Page PDF - Video: How to Read Blueprints
4. Visit a civil engineer or surveyor to learn how to measure the length of a property line - p. 215
- Video: How to Identify Property Lines - How to Determine your Property Lines (with sample land plats) - eHow: Understand Your Home's Property Survey [http://www.wsls.org/water_files/PLATSOFSURVEYS/plat-of-survey-john-doe.jpg Sample Plat of Survey -
- See Surveying merit badge for more.
5. Electricity generation & transmission - p. 216
6. Construct a simple working electrical circuit using a flashlight battery, a switch, and a light - p. 216
7. Graph paper to draw your bridges is in the Engineer Worksheet - p. 218-20
8. Crane using a block and tackle - pp. 221-3
9. Build a catapult and show how it works - pp. 224-5
- Simple Lego & Dowel Catapults - Video: How to Build a Catapult - How to Build a Simple Catapult - How does a catapult work?
|— Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide #34299B, p.4 and Cub Scout Leader Book, p. 31-1.|
- General Resources
- CubRoundtable: Engineer 24 page reference guide- 302KB)
- KISMIF: Engineer Links
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Engineer
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Engineer
- Leaders like using these tools to teach the Electronic Circuit option
- Engineer is helping to prepare you for Engineering, Architecture, Electricity, and Surveying Merit Badges.
|Webelos Den Leader portal|