The Webelos Family Member Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
Do all of these:
- 1. Tell what is meant by family, duty to family, and family meetings.
- 2. Make a chart showing the jobs you and other family members have at home. Talk with your family about other jobs you can do for the next two months.
- 3. Make a list of some things for which your family spends money. Tell how you can help your family save money.
- 4. Plan your own budget for 30 days. Keep track of your daily expenses for seven days.
- 5. Take part in at least four family meetings and help make decisions. The meetings might involve plans for family activities, or they might be about serious topics that your parent wants you to know about.
- 6. With the help of an adult inspect your home and surroundings. Make a list of hazards or lack of security that you find. Correct one problem that you found and tell what you did.
And do two of these:
- 7. With the help of an adult, prepare a family energy-saving plan. Explain what you did to carry it out.
- 8. Tell what your family does for fun. Make a list of fun things your family might do for little or no cost. Plan a family fun night.
- 9. Learn how to clean your home properly. With adult supervision, help do it for one month.
- 10. Show that you know how to take care of your clothes. With adult supervision, help at least twice with the family laundry.
- 11. With adult supervision, help plan the meals for your family for one week. Help buy the food and help prepare three meals for your family.
- 12. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Heritages.
- 13. Explain why garbage and trash must be disposed of properly.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Webelos Handbook, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Family Member is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- National Safety Council
- American Assn. of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Food Network
- Healthy Fridge
- ExpertVillage Video Lessons
- Home Energy Audits