(Difference between revisions)
(tweak header to get "descriptions" to work right for search engines)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<center><big>Fingerprinting[[Merit Badge Worksheet]], lesson video links, Fingerprinting Card, links, and -references related [[Merit ]] and [[ScoutAwards]].<br> [[Fingerprinting]] is one of the most popular and fun [[Merit ]]and is great first Merit Badge for a new Scout.</big></center><br>
Revision as of 00:21, January 10, 2009
lesson video links, Fingerprinting Card, links, and cross-references to related Merit Badges and Boy Scout Awards.
Fingerprinting is one of the most popular and fun Merit Badges and is great first Merit Badge for a new Scout.
|Fingerprinting merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||049|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2003|
| A FREE workbook for Fingerprinting is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Per the BSA: "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject." Pamphlets (books) are at local Scout Shops and online at ScoutStuff.org.
- "Get a signed Merit Badge application from your Scoutmaster." An online, printable Word doc file version is available.
- 1. Fingerprint History
- 1. Criminal versus Civil Fingerprint Identification
- 2. AFIS versus Biometrics (Fingerprint versus Finger-Scan)
- 3a. What is a Fingerprint?
- 3b. Is Fingerprint Indentification a "Science"?
- 3c. Latent Print Examination: Fingerprints, Palm Prints, and Footprints
- 4. FBI How to take Fingerprints
General Merit Badge information
- An Introduction to Merit Badges – how to get started, who chooses the counselor, etc.
- Merit Badge Worksheets & Requirements – with the revision dates, diagrams, charts, checklists, logs, and links you need.
- Merit Badge Application – offers online resources to let you print "Blue Cards," etc.
- Merit Badge FAQ – answers dozens of questions like: Who can be a counselor? Can requirements be added or removed?
- Merit Badges Requiring Prior Approval – Certain requirements need prior approval. Most do not. Here is the list.
- Also see: List of how many boys have earned each Merit Badge – Merit Badge policies – Merit badges required for the Eagle Scout rank – Merit Badge Days
- Additionally: List of Merit Badges by Field of Study – Merit Badge Pamphlets & Libraries
- Merit Badge Counselors must complete Youth Protection Training, file an Adult Application (and Merit Badge Counselor Information Form); and be approved by the local council. (See the Guide for Merit Badge Counselors for additional details.)
- Biometric Watch Includes a brief history, and identification of the three major types.
- National Center For Missing And Exploited Children
- Southern California Association of Fingerprint Officers
- The Thin Blue Line: Fingerprinting A detailed history of fingerprinting.