|Fingerprinting merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||049|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2003|
|“||In earning the Fingerprinting merit badge, Scouts will learn about and use an important technique that is used by law enforcement officers, along with other materials like matching dental records and DNA sampling, to help identify amnesia victims, missing persons, abducted children, and others.||”|
Fingerprinting merit badge requirements
- 1, 2, & 3. FBI Fingerprint Identification, History, etc.
- 1. Fingerprint History
- 1. Criminal versus Civil Fingerprint Identification
- 2. AFIS versus Biometrics (Fingerprint versus Finger-Scan)
- 3a. What is a Fingerprint?
- 3b. Is Fingerprint Indentification a "Science"?
- 3c. Latent Print Examination: Fingerprints, Palm Prints, and Footprints
- 4. Recording legible fingerprints
|General Merit Badge information
- Biometric Watch Includes a brief history, and identification of the three major types.
- Fingerprinting Merit Badge An online course specific to the merit badge.
- National Center For Missing And Exploited Children
- Southern California Association of Fingerprint Officers
- The Thin Blue Line: Fingerprinting A detailed history of fingerprinting.