(layout, increase image size)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
[[Category:]][[Category:Varsity Scout awards]]
[[Category:Varsity Scout awards]]
Revision as of 22:02, December 1, 2010
The Firem'n Chit
The Firem'n Chit certification grants a Scout the right to carry matches and build campfires.
Firem'n Chit requirements
The Scout must show his Scout leader, or someone designated by his leader, that he understands his responsibility to do the following:
The Scout's "Firem'n Rights" can be taken from him if he fails in his responsibility.
Even though the patch is shaped like a pocket patch, wearing it on a pocket flap does not conform to uniform standards. Per BSA: "The Firem'n Chit Patch is considered a 'Temporary Patch' and, if worn, should be worn centered on the RIGHT Pocket of the Boy Scout Uniform Shirt. It should NOT be sewn on a pocket flap."
- Boy Scout ranks: Tenderfoot - Second Class - First Class
- Boy Scout awards: Firem'n Chit - Totin' Chip - Paul Bunyan Woodsman
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Astronomy - Backpacking - Camping - Canoeing - Climbing - Cooking - Cycling - Fire Safety - Hiking - Orienteering - Pioneering - Rowing - Weather - Water Sports - Whitewater - Wilderness Survival
- Venturing: Outdoor Bronze Award; Ranger Award electives: Backpacking
- Webelos Activity Badges: Forester - Naturalist - Outdoorsman
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Astronomy - Map and Compass - Weather