and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
Fitness is one of the most popular Webelos Pins and required for the Webelos Badge. -
| This is the Fitness activity badge for Webelos Scouts.|
Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts can also earn the Cub Scout Physical Fitness belt loop and pin.
Scouts at all levels can earn the Physical Fitness Award.
|The Webelos Fitness activity badge helps prepare Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Personal Fitness and Cooking merit badge(s).|
|This Activity Badge is required for the Webelos badge.|
The Webelos Fitness Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
Health habits learned in childhood tend to last a lifetime. The Fitness Activity Badge is designed to make Webelos more aware of good physical fitness, and what proper food and rest can do for him.
And do six of these:
| A FREE workbook for Fitness is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. Health and Fitness Character Connection - p. 246
- BSA: The Seven Major Components of Physical Fitness - Kid's Health Staying Healthy - American Council on Exercise - Fitness for Kids - KidsHealth
- Food Pyramid - American Dietetic Association Eat Right - USDA Food Pyramid - MyPyramid.gov Food Pyramid - International Food Information Council Foundation
4. The Record Of Your Daily Meals And Snacks is in the Fitness Worksheet.
5. Smoking or chewing tobacco - p. 256
6. Alcohol - p. 257
7. Drugs - p. 257
8. Read the booklet Choose to Refuse! Discuss it with an adult and show that you understand the material.
- General Resources
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Fitness
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Fitness
- CubRoundtable: Fitness 34 page reference guide- 362KB)
- KISMIF: Fitness Links
Personal Development Awards Personal development-related awards
- Boy Scout merit badges:
- Venturing: Religious and Community Life Bronze Award - TRUST Award - Quest Award - Ranger Award electives: Physical Fitness - Backpacking
- Webelos activity badges: Citizen - Communicator - Family Member -Fitness - Scholar; Other resources: Flag Ceremonies
- Cub Scout belt loops & pins: Citizenship - Communicating - Heritages - Language and Culture - Physical Fitness
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- American Heart Association
- Centers for Disease Control: Fit Family Fit Kids
- National Athletic Trainer's Association
- American Sport Education Program
- Institute for International Sport
- National Youth Sports Safety Foundation
- ExpertVillage Exercise Videos: