|Fruit Culture merit badge
|| BSA Advancement ID:
|| new in 1928
| Replaced in:
|| Replaced by:
|| Fruit and Nut Culture
Fruit Culture requirements at discontinuation
- Prune a fruit tree and explain why such a pruning was done.
- Make a plan for planting a 2-acre fuit orchard.
- Prepare and demonstrate how to use the following apple or other fruit tree sprays:
- (a) dormant spray
- (b) bud spray
- (c) calyx spray
- Demonstrate how to grade and pack two kinds of fruit.
- Explain requirements for planting and management of two kinds of small fruit.
- Bud or graft two fruit trees.
- Demonstrate the propagation of grapes, strawberries and raspberries, and explain when and how to plant.
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.