Special Knots, and Advanced Knots, for Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class.
|Caveat||Should not be used as a bend. Inferior to reef knot for binding purposes, it can release suddenly and unpredictably.|
|Related||Square knot, Thief knot, Grief knot|
- Required for
- Right over left, right over left, makes a knot ugly and WRONG.
- Lesson Videos
- Grog's Animated Knots: Shoelace Bow - Wonder How To Video: Standard Shoelace Knot - Wonder How To Video: Thief Knot
- Remember: "Right over left, left over right, makes a knot tidy, and tight."
- The Square knot comes untied easily and is not as strong as a Sheet bend.
- The Granny knot is one of the Forty Knots.
- See also