The Webelos Handyman Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
- 1. With your parent, guardian, or Webelos den leader, complete the Responsibility Character Connection.
- a. Know: List all the tasks you can think of that are necessary in keeping a household in good shape. Name the tasks that are your responsibility. Tell what it means to be responsible for these tasks.
- b. Commit: Talk about what happens when people don't do their jobs. Tell why it is important to be helpful and to be responsible. List ways that you can be more responsible on your own.
- c. Practice: Choose one of the requirements and show how you are responsible by doing that task well for two weeks.
And do six of these:
- 2. With adult supervision, wash a car.
- 3. Help an adult change a tire on a car.
- 4. With adult supervision, replace a bulb in the taillight, turn signal, or parking light or replace a headlight on a car.
- 5. With adult supervision, show how to check the oil level and tire pressure on a car.
- 6. Make a repair to a bicycle, such as tightening the chain, fixing a flat tire, or adjusting the seat or handlebars.
- 7. Properly lubricate the chain on a bicycle.
- 8. Properly inflate the tires on a bicycle.
- 9. Change the wheels on a skateboard or pair of inline skates.
- 10. Replace a light bulb in a fixture or lamp.
- 11. With adult supervision, arrange a storage area for household cleaners and other dangerous materials where small children cannot reach them.
- 12. Build a sawhorse or stool to be used around your home.
- 13. Help take care of the lawn.
- 14. Arrange a storage area for hand tools or lawn and garden tools.
- 15. Clean and properly store hand tools or lawn and garden tools in their storage area.
- 16. Label hand tools or lawn and garden tools.
- 17. Put together a toolbox for common repairs around the house. Be sure the toolbox and tools are stored safely.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Webelos Handbook, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Handyman is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Home Repairs Merit Badge
- Ask the Builder
- Creative Homeowner Press
- This Old House Online
- ExpertVillage Online Videos