High-Adventure/Sports Program Manager
|Serving as High-Adventure/Sports Program Manager can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
| High-Adventure Sports |
The High-Adventure Sports Program Manager is a position of responsibility who supervises practice sessions and an activity in this field of emphasis.
The High-Adventure Sports Program Manager is an appointed leader of the aspects of the this field of emphasis in his team. He works with an adult High-Adventure Sports Program Adviser to plan and perform primary leadership for team practice sessions and advancement events. He usually serves a 6- or 12-month term.
- Helps choose the high-adventure/sports activity in which the team will participate.
- Plans and conducts the high-adventure/sports program.
- Maintains a schedule of all high-adventure/sports activities.
- Helps develop and update a list of experts who can serve as consultants.
- Coordinates any interteam (such as a Varsity Challenge) or league events.
- Inform team members of upcoming activities.
- Serves as an enthusiastic and responsible example for other team members.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
Working with an adult advancement program adviser
The High-Adventure Sports Program Adviser is the adult counterpart to the Scout program manager. The program adviser helps and encourages the youth program manger to:
- Abide by the safely guidelines as printed in the Guide to Safe Scouting and "Safety in the Outdoors" pp. 61-70 in the Varsity Scout Guidebook.
- Makes contact with people and organizations, which help Varsity Scouts learn proper outdoor techniques and sports ethics.
- Organizes transportation and other logistical needs for all high-adventure/sports activities.
- Fills out and fills with the council a local tour permit for all high-adventure/sports activities.
- Is a resource for camping, high-adventure/sports activities that team members will enjoy participating in.
- Reach out to the Varsity Scouts who do not regularly participate.
The High-Adventure/Sports Program Manager is a youth outdoor/high adventure special program leader in its unit. Other outdoor youth program leaders are:
- Venture Patrol Leader - Boy Scouting
- High-Adventure/Sports Program Manager - Varsity Scouting
- Activity Chair Outdoor - Venturing
|Varsity Scout portal|