(Difference between revisions)
(move message box to top of article)
(change to Revised mbox)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 19:48, September 25, 2008
|The Hiking requirements were revised effective January 1, 2008.|
|Hiking merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||061|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2001/2007|
- Hiking merit badge is on the Eagle Scout required list (requirement 3.j.). It is one choice of a group of three merit badges on the list.
- All Scouts should consider starting Hiking merit badge immediately upon joining a Boy Scout troop for the following reasons:
- The first four requirements are relatively easy for most Scouts. Completing these allows you to work on requirements 5 and 6.
- The following is a direct quote from the requirements:
- In other words, if you go ahead and knock out the first four requirements early, you'll be able use later hikes to kill two birds with one stone.
- This is an Eagle required merit badge. It generally takes a long time to earn so the faster you get started, the earlier you'll get done.
|General Merit Badge information
- Backpacker Magazine
- Hiking First Aid Tips
- Rails to Trails Converted railroad routes throughout the country.