The Historian is to record the troop's activities both in writing and visually.
- Keep written records on troop outings.
- Take or collect photographs of troop outings.
- Keep track of past Eagles from the troop.
- Keep a physical or digital troop scrapbook (may maintain a troop website for this purpose).
- Regularly attend troop meetings, troop campouts, and troop events during his service period.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the Scout Uniform correctly.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Show Scout spirit.