History and Heritage of Sports (Quest Award elective)
Do all of the following:
- Requirement 1. Study the history of the Olympic movement. Learn when and how it started.
- When did the United States Olympic movement start?
- When did the winter Olympics start and where?
- What were the initial games in both summer and winter Olympics?
- In what Olympic years were there no Olympics and why?
- Requirement 2. Pick a sport you have an interest in and learn the history of that particular sport.
- Who started the sport and why?
- How has the sport changed since its beginning?
- What new equipment has been developed to make the sport more efficient?
- Requirement 3. Make a presentation on what you learned in requirements 1 and 2 above to your crew or a pack, troop, other youth group, retirement home, etc.
Source: 2003 Quest Handbook (33151)