History and Heritage of the Disabled Sports Movement (Quest Award elective) requirements
- Study the history of the disabled sports movement (Paralympics).
- Learn how it started.
- When did the disabled sports movement start?
- When and where would you find competitions for disabled athletes?
- What disabled sports games are included in the summer and winter Paralympics?
- Pick a disabled sport you have an interest in and learn its history.
- Who started that disabled sport and why?
- How has the sport changed since its beginning?
- What specialized equipment is used by disabled athletes?
- Using what you learned in requirements 1 and 2 above, plan and run a disabled sports awareness clinic for your crew, a Cub Scout den or pack, Boy Scout troop, other youth group, etc. Examples:
- Wheelchair basketball
- Goal ball for blind athletes
- Sledge hockey
- Murder ball (rugby for quadriplegics)
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Quest Handbook, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
Help with these requirements