Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
|Junior Assistant Scoutmaster|
| This is a stub... Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
Further information might be found on the talk page.
Junior Assistant Scoutmasters must be nominated by the Scoutmaster and confirmed by a vote of the troop committee, must be at least 16 years old but not yet 18, must demonstrate marked ability as a leader, and must be proficient in scouting skills.
The Junior Assistant Scoutmaster is responsible for:
- Attending regular meetings with the troop's Scoutmaster to ensure responsibilities are properly carried out,
- helping the Scoutmaster and his assistants in the running of the troop,
- teaching untrained scouts in the skills they need for advancement,
- assisting the Senior Patrol Leader whenever requested,
- serving as judge in inter-patrol competitions, and
- training the youth leadership corps in the performance of their leadership positions.