|| The Leave No Trace Award (Boy Scouts and Venturers) has been replaced by the Outdoor Ethics Awareness Award. However, some Councils still have this patch in their local Scout store and will continue to allow people to earn it until the patches are gone. Contact your local Council's Scout store for more information.
| Boy Scout and Venturer|
Leave No Trace Award
This patch is worn as a temporary emblem
on the right uniform pocket.
|Level:||Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts and Venturers|
The Leave No Trace Award for Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts and Venturers is designed introduce and expand boys' knowledge of the principles of Leave No Trace.
Leave No Trace Award (Boy Scouts and Venturers) requirements
Boy Scouts and Venturers
- Recite and explain in your own words the principles of Leave No Trace, and discuss how an ethical guideline differs from a rule.
- On three separate camping trips with your troop or team, demonstrate and practice the Leave No Trace skills appropriate to the trip.
- Earn the Camping and Environmental Science merit badges.
- Participate in a Leave No Trace-related service project that reduces or rehabilitates recreational impacts. Discuss with your troop or team which recreational impacts were involved with the project.
- Give a 10-minute presentation on a Leave No Trace topic approved by your unit leader to a Scouting unit or other interested group.
- Teach a Leave No Trace-related skill to a Scouting unit or other interested group.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
Scouters and Venturing Leaders
Source: The Principles of Leave No Trace for Outdoor Adventures (21-105)
- Recite and explain the principles of Leave No Trace.
- On three separate camping/backpacking trips demonstrate and practice the principles of Leave No Trace.
- Share with another Scouter or Venturing leader your understanding and knowledge of the Camping and Environmental Science merit badge pamphlets.
- Actively assist (training, advice, and general supervision) a Scout in planning, organizing, and leading a service project related to Leave No Trace.
- Assist a minimum of three Scouts in earning the Leave No Trace Awareness Award.
- Plan and conduct a Leave No Trace awareness for Scouts, Venturers, Scouters, or an interested group outside Scouting.
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.