Welcome to... MERITBADGE.ORG — "Helping Scouts Advance"
MeritBadge.Org is not affiliated with Boy Scouts of America or WOSM. Scouting® and many other terms are registered trademarks of the BSA. Please see the Disclaimers.
- MeritBadge.Org provides resources for Tiger, Wolf, and Bear Cub Scouts, Webelos, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and Venturers including:
- Nearly 200 worksheets for Merit Badges, Webelos Activity Badges, and Cub Scout Belt Loops and Pins,
- Thousands of resource links for nearly 300 ranks, Merit Badges, Scout Awards, and Scouter Awards
- 942 main topics and 8,424 pages with 2,041 documents and images for over 100,000 monthly visitors
- 14,988 volunteers who have made 43,550 updates.
- MeritBadge.Org is the free Scouting Wikipedia dedicated to providing advancement resources for Scouts and leaders. Here's What's new!
The purpose of the Ranger Award award is to encourage Venturers to achieve a high level of outdoor skills proficiency; recognize achievement of this high level of outdoor skills proficiency; provide a path for outdoor/high-adventure skills training; and establish Rangers as a highly trained leadership resource for crews, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and the community.
The Ranger Award exemplifies a challenging high-level outdoor/high-adventure skills advancement program. Once earned, it will identify a Ranger as a person who is highly skilled at a variety of outdoor sports and interests, trained in outdoor safety, and ready to lead or assist others in activities. Rangers can be a great program asset to Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, and others.
|June 1, 2008 – National Trails Day
June 15, 1916 – U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs a bill incorporating the Boy Scouts of America, making them the only American youth organization with a federal charter.
June 30, 1937 – First National Jamboree, held at Washington, DC. Ran from June 30-July 9. Was to have been in 1935, but was canceled due to a polio epidemic.
June 30, 1950 – Second National Jamboree, held at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, begins. Ran from June 30-July 6.
Purge cache to show recent changes