The community portal has two main areas: The project page, which is just like a "Roundtable"; and the discussion area, which is like a "Cracker Barrel". Here, you can find about about what's going on at this website, or even other BSA-related websites; you can find out about what areas need work, help--maybe your expertise would be just what the Scoutmaster ordered....
The Cracker Barrrel
Click on the discussion tab above to switch over to the cracker barrel.
Editing rules and guidelines (In order of precedence)
1. Policies and usage standards
Prior to editing any pages, please read (and, of course, comply with) all MeritBadgeDotOrg policies.
2. Site-specific help and information regarding editing on this wiki
Help:Editing specific to this website. Here, you will find help on:
- General editing help (i.e., text formatting)
- Additional notes on page formatting
- Adding an image
- External links
3. "The Art of Wikifying" a.k.a., Wiki-style writing
Preferred Writing Styles
- Aside from items 1 and 2 noted above, you may wish to check out Wikipedia:Manual of Style for writing style guidance.
- But, please... don't sweat the details, too much, just yet. We'd much rather you get you information on the website, which can be edited later, than not at all.
Would you like to help out?
(That's what a Wiki is all about!) Many articles are stubs, or otherwise need attention, or haven't even been created, yet. If you like, go ahead, be bold, and jump right in. If you aren't ready to fly solo, you can participate in a Collaboration (coming soon).
Things to do...
(In no particular order of precedence.)
Official BSA Websites
- Boys' Life Magazine
- Fieldbook Companion Site
- Legal Issues Web Site
- National Scouting Museum
- Online Learning Center
- Scouting Magazine
How To Get Involved!
Other unofficial, but extremely beneficial Scouting links
Note: All of the links shown above have been verified to be working as of: 24 MAR 07