Just like all other pages on MeritBadgeDotOrg, the Community portal has two areas:
- the project page (or article page), which is just like a Scouting "Roundtable"; and
- the discussion page (more commonly referred to as talk pages), which is just like a Scouting "Cracker Barrel"'
Here, you can find about about what's going on at this website, or even other BSA-related websites; you can find out about what areas need work, help... maybe your expertise would be just what the Scoutmaster ordered.
A FRIENDLY REMINDER: In an effort to minimize spammers (et al), every editor on this wiki must be a:
- registered Scouter (or, parent/guardian of a registered Scout);
- registered on MeritBadge.Net.
(Failure to comply with these terms will result in your account being blocked.)
- Here are some pages to help you get started...
- Community portal
- You may also be interested in looking at...
- Wikipedia – Wikipedia:Introduction.
- Unlike Wikipedia, but like many MediaWiki sites, only registered users can edit pages on this wiki.
- MediaWiki – What is MediaWiki? — the software that makes this website's hamster wheel go 'round.
- Please, bear in mind that every MediaWiki installation is different. Our wiki does not always "behave" exactly like the Wikipedia. (Even the Wikipedia Foundation's websites have some customization built into their websites.)
Every registered user of this Wiki is an Editor. However, only those who actually edit something are Contributors. Won't you contribute something to MeritBadgeDotOrg, today? (Or, whenever you have a few minutes.) There's plenty to do. Remember, Helping Scouts advance is our mantra.
Editing rules and guidelines (In order of precedence)
- 1. Policies and usage standards
- Prior to editing any pages, please read (and, of course, comply with) all MeritBadgeDotOrg policies.
- 2. Site-specific help and information regarding editing on this wiki
- Help:Editing specific to this website. Here, you will find help on:
- General editing help (i.e., text formatting)
- Additional notes on page formatting
- Adding an image
- External links
- 3. The "Art of Wikifying" (a.k.a., Wiki-style writing)
- Aside from items 1 and 2 noted above, you may wish to check out:
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style for writing style guidance.
- But, please... don't sweat the details, too much, just yet. We'd much rather you get you information on the website, which can be edited later, than not at all.
Would you like to help out?
(That's what a Wiki is all about!) Many articles are stubs, or otherwise need attention, or haven't even been created, yet. If you like, go ahead, be bold, and jump right in. If you aren't ready to fly solo, you can participate in a Collaboration (coming soon).
Things to do...
(In no particular order of precedence.)
The Cracker Barrel
Unofficial Scouting-related Websites
The MeritBadge.Com/Net/Org Family of Websites
- MeritBadge.Com, a.k.a "The Merit Badge Resource Center"
- MeritBadge.Net, a.k.a. "The Scouting Discussion Network" (a phpBB Message board)
- Got a specific question? Ask over at MeritBadge.Net and get specific answers!
- MeritBadge.Org, a.k.a. The "Helping Scouts Advance" Wiki... Uh, You are here. ;-)