|This page documents an official MeritBadgeDotOrg policy, an accepted standard that all users should follow. Before editing a page, please make sure that your revision reflects consensus. When in doubt, discuss first on the talk page of the article in question.|
Here's a list of the current user warnings used on this wiki:
- — For minor, silly or harmless (and, probably unintended) vandalism. (Note, however, real vandals don't get any warning; they just get booted.)
- — For violation of BSA or MeritBadgeDotOrg's personally-identifiable information, internet use, or Youth Protection policies.
- — For minor, (and also, probably unintended) use of talk pages for chatting, etc.
- See each template's documentation for details.
If you find one of these templates placed on your User page, please read it... then, delete it; this will signify that you've read it and will comply. Also, just because it's classified as "warning," don't fret. All such User warnings, cautions and notices are categorized as warnings. Even so, you really don't want to get more than a couple of these.
In other words, even though we really, really want you to contribute to the wiki, it's always best to read the policies, help pages, Community portal, and current events, first.
Unlike Wikipedia, which has four warning levels, we "technically" only have one... that's right, just one. Users who are profane, disrespectful, or otherwise abusive, are simply banned, without warning... immediately, permanently – no discussion.
- — Applied to User pages (by administrators) who have been indefinitely blocked (banned) for vandalism, but not yet deleted. (As noted above, real vandals don't get any warning; they just get booted. So, this is really more of an administrative matter, rather than an actual warning.)