MeritBadgeDotOrg talk:Community Portal
Community Portal Discussions, a.k.a., The Cracker Barrel...
Welcome to the cracker barrel! (Would you like some cheese with that?) Discussion pages are also known, in wiki lingo as the "talk" pages. --RWSmith 05:10, March 26, 2007 (EDT)
Adding to the discussion... <-- This is the "Subject/headline"
To add (or start) a post here, simply click on the "+" sign, above. <-- And this is the body of the text. --RWSmith 05:10, March 26, 2007 (EDT)
- Pretty exciting so far (yep, I like tech stuff)! Let's see how it goes. --WVBeaver05 18:26, March 26, 2007 (EDT)
- Looks like I need to setup some stuff. Wayne
Uh, is there a problem with the "old" Discussion Forums?
I can't open them. I get a SQL error. Sounds serious. Is it related to this test site or just coincidence? --WVBeaver05 21:00, March 26, 2007 (EDT)
- MeritBadge.net is back up and running as of 9:20 EDT --Optimist 21:34, March 26, 2007 (EDT)
Sample Subjects / Threads
I think it would be good if we could create some sample subjects and add a few threads to them to see how this will work compared to the "old" discussion forum.
What do you all think? --WVBeaver05 07:19, March 28, 2007 (EDT)
Go ahead and try something thats why you were recommended to try it --Wagionvigil
First impressions on the new site
What were your first impressions on the new site and the wiki format?
Mine were very positive. I was pleased to see this set up as a wiki, so that information from many sources could be combined, with out overloading a few volunteers. It was apparently set up in a clear and very easy to maneuver format. Kudos to those who started this. --SM890 15:35, April 7, 2007 (EDT)
- I think it's great! I contribute to wikipedia and wanted to incorporate wiki on the Philippine Merit Badge website, but just didn't find time. Kudos to all. Great job indeed. -- Jay Lee 14:47, April 10, 2007 (EDT)
Likewise, I like the Wiki format. As a technology director for a school district, I would like to state that this is a great way top get many involved and to provide quality resources to the boys and leaders. I applaud the use of MediaWiki (I use it too) and would suggest that you think of incorporating the captcha routine to keep SPAMmers and others from abusing the login. I have used these captchas successfuly. Just a suggestion... --Sm777 22:21, June 24, 2007 (EDT)
Categorization of merit badge pages
Completed placing categories under each merit badge page [[Category:Boy Scouts]] [[Category:Merit Badges]]. --Jay Lee 18:07, April 11, 2007 (EDT)
- I may be a little late, but i would suggest making a merit badge template and a rank template, etc. to put on each page. that way, i you decide to change the organization, it is very easy. --Yakatz 22:52, April 11, 2007 (EDT)
- We can probably use the templates for Merit Badge groups and stuff. Its been a long time since I did a template I forgot all about it already. Jay Lee 01:27, April 12, 2007 (EDT)
- I knew there was a better way! I knew why; but my brain lock-up on the how – templates. Oh well. Learning process. By the way... Thanks, Jay!----RWSmith 02:51, April 12, 2007 (EDT)
I'm trying to find out what the white knot on a purple background was, but having to go through all the pages is a chore (is it even here?). Could someone with more knowledge of awards and badges go through and make a few tables? Blast 10:26, May 12, 2007 (EDT)