Merit Badge Counselor Information Form
Boy Scouts of America Merit Badge Counselor Information (Please type or print)
Name ___________________________ Age ______ Business phone (___)____________
Address __________________________________ Home phone (___)_________________
City __________________________________ State __________ Zip code __________
To qualify as a merit badge counselor, you must
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be proficient in the merit badge subject by vocation or avocation
- Be able to work with Scout age boys.
- Be registered with the Boy Scouts of America.
As a merit badge counselor, I agree to
- Follow the requirements of the merit badge, making no deletions or additions, ensuring that the advancement are fair and uniform for all Scouts.
- Have a Scout and his buddy present at all instructional sessions.
- Renew my registration annually if I plan to continue as a merit badge counselor.
|List merit badge subjects here.||Is this subject in line with your job, business, or profession? If yes, give brief information on the reverse side.||Do you follow this subject as a hobby, having more than a "working knowledge" of the requirements? If yes, give brief information on the reverse side.||If not, do you have any special training or other qualifications for this subject? If yes, give brief information on the reverse side.|
__ I wish to work only with unit number ________________.
__ I wish to work with all units.
Signature _________________________________________________ Date ___________________
Note: The BSA Adult Registration Application must be attached.
Council approval by _________________________________________ Date ___________________