Mountaineering (Ranger Award elective)
| This is the Mountaineering elective for the Venturing Ranger Award.|
Boy Scouts can earn the Climbing merit badge.
Venturers can earn the Mountaineering and Cave Exploration Ranger Award electives.
- See the Guide to Safe Scouting: Climbing and Rappelling
- Climb On Safely
- Scouting and Climbing
- Age-Appropriate Guidelines
- Venturer can earn the Mountaineering (Ranger Award elective)
- In 1963, Eagle Scout Jim Whittaker was the first American to summit Mt. Everest.
4d. Presentation resources:
- Cub Scout: Communicating Belt Loop & Pin - Webelos: Communicator - Merit Badges: Public Speaking - Communication
- Lesson Videos: ExpertVillage: Giving a Speech - Public Speaking Tips - Public Speaking - Eye Contact - Hand Gestures - Props
Mountaineering is similar to Climbing Merit Badge
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Archery - Athletics - Climbing - Cycling - Fishing - Fly Fishing - Golf - Horsemanship - Orienteering - Rifle Shooting - Shotgun Shooting - Skating - Small-Boat Sailing - Snow Sports - Sports - Swimming - Water Sports - Whitewater
- Venturing: Sports Bronze Award - Quest Award; Ranger Award electives: Cave Exploration - Cycling - Equestrian - Fishing - Hunting - Mountaineering - COPE - Shooting Sports - Winter Sports
- Webelos Activity Badge: Aquanaut - Athlete - Sportsman
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Archery - Badminton - Baseball - Basketball - BB-Guns - Bicycling - Bowling - Fishing - Flag Football - Golf - Gymnastics - Ice Skating - Marbles - Roller Skating - Snow Sports - Soccer - Softball - Swimming - Table Tennis - Tennis - Ultimate - Volleyball
- Venturing Ranger Award on the BSA scouting.org site.
- Venturing Bronze Award on the BSA scouting.org site.
- Venturing Quest Award on the BSA scouting.org site.