Cinematography Merit Badge requirement resources include the Merit Badge Worksheet ,
lesson video links, and links to related Merit Badges and Boy Scout Awards.
Cinematography lets you write and direct your own videos! ◄ Prev - Next ►
|Cinematography merit badge
| BSA Advancement ID:
| Requirements revision:
| Latest pamphlet revision:
- Discuss and demonstrate the proper elements of a good motion picture. In your discussion, include visual storytelling, rhythm, the 180-axis rule, camera movement, framing and composition of camera shots, and lens selection.
- Do the following:
- a. In a three- or four-paragraph treatment, tell the story you plan to produce, making sure that the treatment conveys a visual picture.
- b. Prepare a storyboard for your motion picture (This can be done with rough sketches and stick figures.)
- c. Demonstrate the following motion picture shooting techniques.
- 1. Using a tripod
- 2. Panning a camera
- 3. Framing a shot
- 4. Selecting an angle
- 5. Selecting proper lighting
- 6. Hand-held shooting
- d. Using motion picture techniques, plan ONE of the following programs. Start with a treatment, and complete the requirement by presenting this program to a pack or your troop, patrol, or class.
- 1. Film or videotape a court of honor and show it to an audience.
- 2. Create a short feature of your own design using the techniques you learned.
- 3. Shoot a vignette that could be used to train a new Scout in a Scouting skill.
- Do ONE of the following:
- 1. With your parent's permission and your counselor's approval, visit a film set or a television production studio and watch how production work is done.
- 2. Explain to your counselor the elements of the zoom lens and three important parts.
- Find out about three career opportunities in moviemaking. Pick one and find out about the education, training, and experience required for this profession. Discuss this career with your counselor. Explain why this profession might interest you.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 2014 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #637685)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
1:180 Degree Axis Rule and Coverage
- Motion picture terminology
- Cinematography lenses, framing, etc.
2. Cinematic Techniques
- How to Write a Movie Script
- How To Make & Edit Videos
- Making a Film
2d. Court of Honor
3b. Zoom Lens (how it works, diagram, etc. - Animated
- *How Does a Zoom Lens Work?
4. Film or video production jobs
- Film Crew Jobs and Responsibilities