Order of the Arrow Representative
|Serving as Order of the Arrow Representative can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
|Order of the Arrow Troop/Team Representative|
The Order of the Arrow Representative from a Boy Scout troop or Varsity Scout team is a youth liaison between the local OA lodge or chapter. He coordinates service opportunities, unit elections, camp promotions, and inductions within the unit with the local OA lodge or chapter. He may request lodge and chapter resources to help meet the needs of his unit.
In his unit, he helps meet the needs of the unit and will serve as a communication and programmatic link to and from Arrowmen, adult leaders and Scouts who are not presently members of the Order. He will do this in a fashion that strengthens the mission of the lodge, purpose of the Order and the mission of the Boy Scouts of America. By setting a good example, he will enhance the image of the Order as a service arm to his unit.
- Under 18 years old
- Appointed by SPL with SM approval
- OA Member in good standing
Working with the adult OA Advisor
As with all positions in the Order, the unit OA representative should have an adult advisor. This adult needs to be 21 years of age or older, a due-paid member of the Order of the Arrow, and appointed by the troop Scoutmaster or the Varsity Team Coach
|Boy Scout portal|
- Ranks requiring a Positions of Responsibility
- Star Rank #5 "While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions..."
- Life Rank #5 "While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility..."
- Eagle Scout Rank #4 "While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility..." (reduced list)
- See also: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) - a fun, six-day outdoor learning course.
|Varsity Scout portal|
- Order of the Arrow Website
- OA-bsa.org: Order of the Arrow Troop Representative
- OA-bsa.org: Order of the Arrow Team Representative
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates