- Requirement 1. Research a historical culture and time period of interest to you, such as Native American, mountain man, pioneer, or Revolutionary/Civil War.
- Requirement 2. Write a 2,000-word essay or make an outline describing the culture's dress, food, housing, customs, etc.
- Requirement 3. Using your research, make an outfit that represents a person or type of person (soldier, farmer, trader, hunter, chief, etc.) from your chosen culture.
- Requirement 4. Using your research, construct a working tool or weapon out of authentic materials that would have been used by the person you have chosen to represent in 3 above.
- Requirement 5. Once your clothing and accouterments are complete, attend and participate in a pow wow, rendezvous, reenactment, historical trek, or other event that includes your chosen culture.
- Requirement 6. Make a presentation of your chosen culture to your crew, another crew, a Cub or Scout group, or another group.
- Requirement 7. Tour
- a. Organize a group tour to a museum, archaeological dig, or other site of significance to your chosen culture.
- b. After the tour, lead your group in a discussion about what they learned.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Venturer Handbook, 2017 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #637685)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.