and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
|The Webelos Outdoorsman activity badge helps prepare Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Camping merit badge(s).|
The Webelos Outdoorsman Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
|Do two of these:
And do five of these:
| A FREE workbook for Outdoorsman is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
- Outdoorsman Worksheet → Other Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets
- 1-4 Camping:
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See Outdoor Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Camping Merit Badge Pamphlet - Hiking Skills - Hydration - Outdoor Gear - Tents - Water Purification - Weather Skills
- 5. Leave No Trace Frontcountry Guidelines
- 7. Fires:
- The Boy Scout Handbook is the primary reference. See Campfire Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Campfire Setup - Campfire Types - Campfire Starting - Campfire Safety - Firem'n Chit - Fire Safety Merit Badge
- 8. Cooking:
- Cooking Gear: REI: Cookware - BSA Cooking Gear - REI: Stoves - Stove Safety
- Dutch Oven Cooking: International Dutch Oven Society - USScouts.Org - MacScouter - dutchovencookware.com
- 9. Hiking:
- Planning - Footwear - Blisters - Gear - Cold Weather - Warm Weather :
- Hiking Links: Leave No Trace - Essentials - Amer. Hiking Soc.: Safety - Food - Cold - Myths - Footwear -
- REI: Compass - Day Hike - Food - Hydration - Insects - Layering - Lightweight - Navigation - Rain - Socks - Sun - Hot/Cold
- 10-11 Knots:
- 10. Whipping and Fusing]]
- 11. Two Half Hitches - Taut-Line Hitch - Square Knot
- Animated Knots: Basic Scout Knots - Forty Scout knots - Special Knots - Sailing knots - Fishing knots - Folsoms Knots - Animatedknots.com - Great Animations - More Animated Knots - More great Animated Knots - Still more - Knot Videos - Basics Videos - Basics2
- Other Knot Links: Advanced knots - Ropers Knots Page - Climbing Knots - Fishing knots - Knots Index
- Outdoorsman Requirement 11 can help prepare you for Scout Badge #6 and Tenderfoot #4b.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 1 can help prepare you for Tenderfoot #1.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 4 can help prepare you for Tenderfoot #2.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 9 can help prepare you for Tenderfoot #5.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 10 can help prepare you for Tenderfoot #4a.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 7 can help prepare you for Second Class #2e.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 8 can help prepare you for Second Class #2g.
- Outdoor Skills Awards
- Ecology Awards
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- Boy Scout Camping Merit Badge
- Webelos Webelos Outdoorsman
- Boy Scout Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge