A Pack is a Unit of Cub Scouts. The Cub Scout pack is sponsored by a "Chartered Organization", which is a community organization such as a business, service organization, school, labor group or religious institution. The chartered organization is responsible for selecting leadership, providing a meeting place and promoting a good program. The chartered organization representative is the liaison between the pack, the chartered organization, and the BSA.
A pack generally meets once a month, providing a program for Cub Scouts, leaders, parents and other family members attending. The pack is lead by a Cubmaster with one or more Assistant Cubmasters. The Pack Committee is a group of adults, led by the Pack Committee Chairperson, who plan the pack program and activities and manage record keeping, finance, leadership recruitment, and registration.
Cub Scout Pack Organization Chart
- Additional notes
- A Pack of 20 to 45 Scouts will typically have five dens: Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos 1, and Webelos 2.
- Larger Packs may have more than one den at a level.
- Smaller Packs of 9 to 19 Scouts will typically have three dens: Tiger, Wolf/Bear, and Webelos 1/2.
Cub Scout Expenses
- $23 National registration, Boys' Life magazine, and Accident Insurance.
- $20 Program Materials: Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos book, rank patch, neckerchief, and slide.
- ____ Pack Expenses: Each Scout's fair share of Pack recharter, training, fees, equipment, etc.
- ____ Advancement: Awards, Belt Loops, patches, and more.
- ____ Activities: Pinewood Derby, trips, ball games, camping, and much more.
- ____ Camping: Day Camp, Resident Camp and Family Camping.
- ____ Equipment includes Uniforms, sleeping bags, tents, etc.
Cub Scout Leader Resources
- Leader Awards: Cub Scout Den Leader Award (Tiger/Wolf/Bear/Webelos), Scouter's Training Award (basically all adult leaders but Den Leaders), Scouter's Key (Cubmaster)
- Nameplates - Official BSA Name plates for your uniforms.
Liaisons between a unit and the local District and Council
- Unit Commissioner
- District Commissioner
- Council Commissioner
- National Commissioner
The Pack is a registered "unit" with its local council. Other basic units are: